We at LLTBP are happy to announce that we have a new music addiction: Paramore.For me, I found out about the Tennesse-based band in an article from Spin magazine. They sounded like the kind of band that was more in it for the music as opposed to the money or fame. They prove that by going on the all-guts no-glory Vans Warped Tour right now, with no showers or pretty much anything high matience.
Their first album, All We Know is Falling, shows in a very obvious way that this was their first album. Nonetheless, it's still a good album. Their second disc, Riot!, shows more depth than Falling did, using lyrics like "what a shame, we all became such fragile, broken things." The tone on vocalist Hayley Willams' voice has changed, making the lyrics less screachy.
Songs like "That's What You Get", "Misery Business", "Pressure", "Brighter" and "Let the Flames Begin" have put Paramore in our top three favourite bands, falling under My Chemical Romance for third place. So for those of you looking for a good rock band to listen to, you should check out Paramore. They don't disappoint.
3 comments:
Everyone's in it for the music at first; then they start making money. Then they're really only in it to make more money although they say they do it for the music. Do I sound jaded? Yep.
*ahem* excuse me PFC, but *I* was the one that said that, not the band.
so please don't start with me.
because when a band goes into my top three, that band becomes part of my life, and when somebody says something bad about them, i am offended.
Dearest diana,
I am apologetic if I offended you in any way, when in fact I was targeting my bitterness towards the fact that so many of today's young artists claim to be pure of intent and empty of wallet when they wouldn't prefer being just filthy rich at any cost.
Sincerely, PFC
Post a Comment