Five years ago, my first concert was *NSYNC. 2002 Celebrity tour. Last night, I celebrated my five-year concert-going anniversary with Mr. Justin Timberlake in the 2007 FutureSex/LoveShow tour. Let me set the stage for you:
The back of the MTS Centre. Complete darkness except for the many camera phones going off. Backup singers and dancers coming up on the stage, set in the middle. Screens come down, cutting off the center of the stage. The sounds "Future. Sex. Love. Sounds." blasting from the speakers. Said words come up on the screens, along with red glowing light. The pace of the words speed up until ithe opening beats of the title track from FutureSex/LoveSounds, "FutureSex/LoveSound", come on. The crowd screams as the screens lift and we see a dressed-up Timberlake in the centre of the stage with a micorphone on a stand. The people in my section (307) get up out of their seats to see the person we waited five months to see.
No disappointment.
Timberlake played a two-to-three hour set, including all of his recent disc, a few tracks from Justified, and part of one of the *NSYNC singles, "Gone". A little less than halfway through his set, he leaves the stage to mega-producer-turned-star Timbaland to do a 20-minute DJ-ing solo. Kind of boring.
Anyway, after Timbaland leaves the stage, Timberlake returns to the stage with the controversial song "Rock Your Body", and continues the set until wrapping up with popular single "Lovestoned/I Think She Knows Interlude" and "SexyBack". Five minutes after, he returns to the stage in a very relaxed jeans and t-shirt. He seats himself down at a piano and closes the show with the last track on FutureSex, "(Another Song) All Over Again".
The Winnipeg Free Press gave the concert four out of five stars. But critics are usually wrong about things like this. It was definitely a five-star concert. If I had enough money, I would go back tonight to see that show again.
1 comment:
Your review is awesome and really captured the feeling of the event. I feel like I was there, right next to you in section 307, row 12, seat 20. Oh wait, I was. That was a really great show. As you said, JT didn't disappoint us! :)
Post a Comment