Friday, August 10, 2007

Why don't you come right out and say it?

As I watched the PVR-taped version of Don't Forget the Lyrics! with my dad last night, I thought: if I was on this show, how many lyrics would I remember? And that's when it hit me.

This game is for those who think they're singing the correct lyrics to songs.

Match the lyric to the artist below. Guess all of them before looking at the answers. No cheating.

Lyrics
a)"The past is only the future with the lights on."
b)"Maybe just a chance that we'll find better days."
c)"Hands are shaken cold...your hands are mine to hold."
d)"Every inch you see is bruised, bruised."
e)"I know that it's a wonderful world, but I can't see it right now."
f)"I know that it's so cliche to tell you that every day I spend with you is the new best day of my life."
g)"We share a sadness.. split screen sadness."
h)"'Son, when you grow up, would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned?'"
i)"I got soul, but I'm not a solider."
j)"Still a little crazy all the time, but I still try to hide it, that's still mine."
k)"I'm not the only one, I'm not the only one."
l) "The dashboard melted, but we still had the radio."
m)"Here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again, oh here it goes again."
n)"I know you're out there, somewhere out there."
o)"I put some new shoes on, and suddenly, everything's right."
p)"Any way you want to, any way you've got to, love love me."
q) "One night and one more time."
r) "I can't help but to hear, no I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words."

Artists
The Killers
OK Go
Mika
My Chemical Romance
Jack's Mannequin
Goo Goo Dolls
+44
James Morrison
Ten Second Epic
Our Lady Peace
John Mayer
Relient K
Panic! At the Disco
The All-American Rejects
Fall Out Boy
Modest Mouse
Paolo Nutini
Marianas Trench


a) +44; b) Goo Goo Dolls; c) The All-American Rejects; d) Jack's Mannequin; e) James Morrison; f) Relient K; g) John Mayer; h) My Chemical Romance; i) The Killers; j) Marianas Trench; k) Ten Second Epic; l) Modest Mouse; m) OK Go; n) Our Lady Peace; o) Paolo Nutini; p) Mika; q) Fall Out Boy; r) Panic! At the Disco

*This post was edited since a few too many people were complaining.

No comments: